...and it's not that I don't have anything to say. Believe me, I have plenty to say.
I don't know. I have no excuses, just lack of consistency in my life I guess.
I'll try to do better!
...also, it's been over a YEAR since I've posted a new Development post! Remember how I was going to update every time we hit a new list of milestones with Mercy's occupational therapist?
Probably not, I've only done TWO and the last one was two Julys ago!
So, time to play catch up! We have passed up three lists and are now in list number six, the 12-15 month list. And actually, we're about 2 weeks past that list, but close enough!
I'll hit some of the high points from the three missed lists reeeal quickly:
- Holds own bottle - yep, it was really that long ago. now she's even holding her own sippie cup!
- Stops activity when name called - it seemed like FOREVER before she knew her name. Then we realized we called her 'sweet girl,' 'baby girl,' 'sweetheart,' 'pretty,' etc. wayyyy more than we called her Mercy. Things have changed since that realization!
- Responds differently to family and strangers - nope. Never. She doesn't meet a stranger, never has. A time or two she's even walked up to complete strangers in random places with her arms raised for them to pick her up!
- Crawl/creep - Mercy started crawling the week before thanksgiving, when she was ten months old... just a bit behind on this one.
9-11 Months - reading through these and realizing how many of these she's just starting and how adorable they are:
- Poke with isolated index finger - just started doing this recently.
- Imitate facial movements - She has been doing this for several weeks and it's absolutely amazingly fantastic.
- Pull to stand - Mercy did this in December a week before Christmas at 11 months old! Right on time!
- Understands "no" - don't remember when this happened, but she responds so well to "no."
- Drooling decreased - Have I ever mentioned how much a I hate spit. I hate it. A lot. And Mercy has never been even a little bit of a drooler, so that's awesome.
And here we are! Yes, I know Mercy's actually 18 months, but if we're going by her adjusted age (which the OT says we'll do until she's two) she's just past 15 months, so here's the list!
12-15 Months - this is a looong list, so bear with me and I'll try hit the highlights here too!
- Stands alone once placed - she did this on April 29th while her OT was here! Super exciting!
- Puts objects in container - Favorite toy right now: plastic container with screw on lid, she puts toys in it and puts the lid on, then she takes the lid off and pull toys out. All. Day. Long.
- Spontaneous sharing with adult - She has been sharing for several weeks now, but the sweetest thing she's shared (or tried to share) was her pacifier. She was in my lap just looking at me, she took it from her mouth and tried to shove it in mine. We were laughing, so funny! She LOVES that paci though, she doesn't get it very often when we're home, and she gave it up to share with me, and that is the sweetest thing.
- Spoon feeds with spillage - she is so good at this! Started mid April and is getting better and better. She will NOT let us feed her anymore, little independent thing!
- Drinks from open cup held - this is hilarious. She tries, she really does, and she ends up sopping wet every time.
- Cooperates with toothbrushing - recently she has started smiling big with all her teeth showing for me to brush. So cute. She does it every time I mention the toothbrush!
- Walks alone with few falls - her first steps were May 1st and they were the sweetest steps I've ever seen, but it wasn't until mid June that she really started moving. These days she's running everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
- Scribbles spontaneously - Mercy has been showing her OT how she scribbles vertically. Jeanette (OT) says that's a 24 month skill!
- Fusses to be changed - only when it's super messy. And the rest of this explanation is an entire other blog post.
- Points to three named body parts - Over the summer she really got nose and bellybutton down! ...and the rest depend on which order I ask in.
- Creeps upstairs - One of her favorites, up and down stairs!
- Uses word/sign to express self - ahh words... She should be using somewhere between 10 and 20 words pretty consistently at this point... So. These are our words:
Anyway, just wanted to update all of you on this little lady's progress! She's doing incredibly well, and we are so grateful for your continued love and interest in our family!